Saturday 1 June 2013

Review: Reason To Breathe by Rebecca Donovan

"No one tried to get involved with me, and I kept to myself. This was the place where everything was supposed to be safe and easy. How could Evan Mathews unravel my constant universe in just one day?"

In the affluent town of Weslyn, Connecticut, where most people worry about what to be seen in and who to be seen with, Emma Thomas would rather not be seen at all. She’s more concerned with feigning perfection while pulling down her sleeves to conceal the bruises - not wanting anyone to know how far from perfect her life truly is. Without expecting it, she finds love. It challenges her to recognize her own worth - but at the risk of revealing the terrible secret she’s desperate to hide.  From Goodreads


 This was me throughout the whole book and I cried. It took me a few hours to finish the book and I was sleep deprived. It was 2am and I bawling my eyes out...
It was that heartbreaking.

This is a story of this girl who gets abused my her aunt. Her dad died and her mum started drinking and wasn't fit enough to raise her own daughter. Her father's brother (so her uncle) took her in and for some reason his wife, Carol hates Emma... really hates her. She doesn't tell anyone as she doesn't want to tear Carol away from her children who Carol actually loves.

Emma doesn't talk to anyone apart from Sara- her best friend. Then, she notices the guy, Evan who's been new for a week and he takes an interest in her and she is so confused. He's persistent and she's keeps on pushing him away and there is this connection between them. It's adorable!!

This book was so heart-wrenching and so dark. I get so frustrated with Emma because she doesn't open up and never tells anyone and leaves people to fill in the blank spaces. 

The ending was cruel. It was cliffhanger. I cried for 30minutes in my bed wondering what happened. Re-read it tons of times. 

I hope whoever is reading this has read it already or is planning to read it. It is an amazing book and if you don't read it then... your lost.

Rating: Infinity out of Infinty
     

   

Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
     
   
The next book in the series:



    

No comments:

Post a Comment