Monday 22 July 2013

Book Review: The Year of the Great Seventh by Teresa Orts

I received my copy through the Goodreads First Reads in exchange for a honest review.

The cover doesn't show much. At first, I thought it was all about celebrity life and stuff like that but reading it... not so much. This book contains Egyptian Mythology and lots of history but, maybe next time have a very exotic, ancient Egypt-ish cover...maybe...

I found that Sophie was a very likable character and that I could really relate to her (apart from all the supernatural things going around her.) She started off as a girl who is in love with history and has set her heart on NYU while everyone else is laid back but, hyped up about celebrity culture.

Nate was an adorable character. He was a gentleman and you'll probably won't find a real life boy like him... well you might but at my stage of life, boys... meh
He hasn't always had cheerleaders in life supporting him but I guess you can say lots of girls fall for him... even old women. He is quite vulnerable in a way and that makes his relationship with Sophie even more cute!

Throughout the whole book, we kinda knew who was the bad guy so, I think in the next book there should be some twist that will shock the living daylights out of me.

I think the plot revolving around History and Ancient Egypt is very original and is very different to other supernatural books. (Is this book supernatural?)

There is quite a cliffhanger at the end and I would love to see what happens next in Book 2.

Rating: 3.5/5

  

   

      http://www.goodreads.com/book/isbn/1479284866" style="border:none" target="_blank">The Year of the Great Seventhhttps://www.goodreads.com/images/atmb_add_book-70x25.png

" />
   
 
 
 

  
   

 
   
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment